SpaceX landed a rocket on a boat five years ago—it changed everything – Ars Technica
113 with 67 posters participating
- How do you launch and land a rocket in the same day? Here’s how.
- A couple of weeks before the April 8, 2016 CRS-8 launch, the Bigelow Expandable Activity Module was loaded into the trunk of the Dragon spacecraft.
- The day before launch, Dragon was loaded with “late load” cargo in advance of the April 8 trip to the International Space Station.
- And then the Falcon 9 was ready to go.
- The Dragon spacecraft wrapped up tight.
- The instantaneous launch window…