February 26, 2021
General News

Italian Ambassador Among Three Killed in Attack on U.N. Convoy in Congo – The New York Times

Carly Nzanzu Kasivita, the governor of North Kivu, said that the attack had taken place in an area where the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda had been operating for a long time, but that investigations were continuing. The group is one of the largest foreign armed groups in the country, a rebel group with links to 1994 genocide in Rwanda.
According to initial investigations, they were killed by a group of six people who spoke Kinyarwanda, the governor said in a telephone interview,…

Click here to view the original article.

Related Posts

You might also like ...

AON Splash Image
China Must Reform Hong Kong Election Rules, Carrie Lam Says – Bloomberg
Article feature image
Malcolm X family unveils letter alleging NYPD, FBI assassination link – Axios
Article feature image
Dr. Fauci: It’s ‘possible’ Americans may still be wearing face masks in 2022 – Fox News