HANOI (Reuters) – Vietnam’s health ministry said on Saturday up to 800,000 visitors to Danang city, the country’s new novel coronavirus epicentre, have left for other parts of the country since July 1.
Vietnam last week detected its first locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in more than three months in Danang, a tourism hot spot.
The total number of infections in the country has since risen to 558 from 413, with most of the new cases linked to three hospitals in Danang.
More than 41,000 people…
Beirut rocked by protests as grief over blast turns to fury; ministry buildings overrun – The Washington Post
Demonstrators storm the Foreign Ministry amid deep anger in a country already reeling from economic collapse and chronic corruption.
Ambulances ferried newly injured demonstrators to hospitals even as the death toll in Tuesdays explosion and fireball climbed to at least 158 people.
An elderly man with gray hair was carried out of the crowd, an eye out and bleeding from the head. The Red Cross said 26 ambulances were responding, with at least 28 people taken to hospitals and more than 100 treated at the scene.
As the clashes moved through the streets, a group of protesters took over the countrys foreign ministry, jubilantly …
Sturgis motorcycle rally draws thousands of bikers despite coronavirus fears – NBC News
Thousands of bikers arrived in Sturgis, South Dakota, on Friday for the start of the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally despite concerns from residents that the 10-day gathering could lead to an upswing in coronavirus cases.
Thousands of bikers poured into the small city of Sturgis, South Dakota, on Friday for the start of the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, despite concerns among residents that the 10-day gathering could spread the coronavirus.
The rally, which has been happening since 1938, expects to draw 250,000 people from around the country in what could be one of the largest public gatherings in the U.S. since the start of the coronavirus outbreak.
Some bikers at the event said that while they will take pr…
TikTok To Sue Trump Administration On President’s Executive Order Ban – NPR
Lawyers for the video-sharing app are likely to say the executive order was unconstitutional, arguing the company was not informed, as is standard, and the national-security concerns are baseless.
President Trump’s executive order prohibits transactions between U.S. citizens and TikTok’s parent company starting in 45 days.
TikTok is planning to sue the Trump administration, challenging the president’s executive order banning the service from the United States.
The video-sharing app hugely popular with the smartphone generation will file the federal lawsuit as soon as Tuesday, according to a person who was directly involved in the forthcoming suit but was not author…
- General News20 hours ago
Trump says will unilaterally suspend payroll taxes if no deal on coronavirus aid – Reuters
- Business News18 hours ago
Intercontinental Exchange’s most recent aggressive move raises brows – Atlanta Journal Constitution
- General News19 hours ago
Joe Arpaio loses sheriff’s race in second failed comeback bid – NBC News
- General News17 hours ago
2020 PGA Championship leaderboard breakdown: Coverage, scores, highlights from Round 2 at TPC Harding Park – CBSSports.com
- General News18 hours ago
Ohio Gov. DeWine tells ‘Your World’ positive coronavirus test ‘certainly scared me’ – Fox News
- Entertainment News19 hours ago
‘The Office’: Jenna Fischer’s Pam and Roy Theory Is Wild, But We Could Totally See It Happening at the Time – Showbiz Cheat Sheet
- Sports News19 hours ago
Cam Newton on playing in New England: ‘It’s just a breath of fresh air to be honest with you’ – Fox News
- Entertainment News18 hours ago
‘Breaking Bad’: Bryan Cranston Scored Walter White Role Thanks to a Small ‘The X-Files’ Performance – Showbiz Cheat Sheet